Saturday, November 06, 2004

Ex Libris


IncubusDreams
Originally uploaded by CornishRambler.
All that waiting around gave me a chance to catch up on some of my reading - now over halfway (page 462) through Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. It's good, in that it's keeping me reading, but I can't shake the impression that nothing has really happened in it.

Not as bad, however, as Incubus Dreams, the latest Anita Blake Vampire Hunter book which I've also just read, and which is also enormous. And in which the plot takes up about twenty pages out of six hundred and forty eight. And that was largely setting up for the next book, so wasn't even resolved. This series is starting to annoy me, plus, if she doesn't finally bring Edward back into it in the next one I shall throw a strop. So there. No half measures here...

Also just started Something From The Nightside by Simon Green (JS&MN being to hefty too lug to work every day). My favourite line so far being: "..all kinds of graffiti. As usual, someone had spelt Cthulhu wrong."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home