Sunday, October 31, 2004

The ring's the thing

Why is it you think you can picture the shops in the town you've lived in for years, only to discover upon the first actual need to visit them that they've gone without a trace? When, exactly, did Samuels shut? Anyway, despite there being hundreds of (also hitherto unnoticed) jewellers in the town, or possibly because of doing the trip both hungry and with PMT (and anyone who's been shopping with me in a bad mood will both know how much fun that can be, and be pleasantly surprised that I am still engaged) I still don't have an engagement ring.

Now, this is not a fact that is particularly upsetting me, but I would like something to wave at the unending stream of people, who, on being told my news, must see my ring (and yes, I probably could have phrased that better). With many, it's the first thing they ask. And I keep being given advice on what stones I should and shouldn't get. And being asked how much we're going to spend. It's quite tempting just to wear a bit of twisted grass and say that wearing gems ripped from their mother earth is against my religion. That'd shut em up.

Obviously, once I've actually got one, you won't be able to stop me showing people, so I should probably shut up now.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 pm , Blogger James Henry said...

You said 'ring'.

Heh.

Congratulations again, obviously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home