Thursday, October 14, 2004

Your Flexible Friend

Interview today with Kernowflex, which isn't, as you might suppose, a Cornish bondage group, but the NHS temp agency. Still, having bothered to turn up you may as well go through with these things...

Was left in a tiny empty room with a harsh light for what seemed like far too long, before being led through what appears to be some form of shanty town grown up around the back of the building. The interview room was a large, empty, echoing place with two interrogators, er, interviewers who had a disturbing tendency to stare back silently at me once I'd finished answering each increasingly pointless question ('tell us about the different methods of filing you've used'). And I still really really wish when asked 'what does confidentiality mean to you?' I'd had the nerve to say 'I'm sorry, I can't tell you that, it's classified'....

2 Comments:

At 1:01 pm , Blogger James Henry said...

I was once asked in an interview how I thought I came across in interviews. There was a great big silence, and then I said 'Well, very much... like this.'

I think I got the job, but the odd thing is, I can't remember what it was.

 
At 6:40 pm , Blogger Izzy said...

It was followed by a typing test, and the sheet had a mistake on it - I mean what are you supposed to do, correct it, or leave it in to show you've copied it exactly?! You start getting paranoid about how tricksy they're being. Being me, I corrected it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home