Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Rather Draining

Have encountered a new and bizarre superstition - apparently it's unlucky to walk over three drain covers. Now, I could understand this if they were open ones, but a fear of three-in-a-row bog standard man-hole covers is a new one on me. B at work first introduced me to this, and at first I thought it was just her, but I was waiting at a bus stop yesterday when someone passing in front of me suddenly looked down, realised she was about to step on a three-er, and performed a magnificent half-salmon, half-champion hopscotch player mid air leap-and-twist to avoid them.


A radio traffic report on the way home today warned of delays due to a shed load. Would quite like to know if anyone else was thinking 'a shed-load of what?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home