Sunday, February 27, 2005

For a few dollars more

Feel that I've been diddled (and not in a fun way) twice in two months by Alibris books. Now this is usually a very handy site for getting hold of otherwise unattainable volumes (and even when including postage from America it often works out cheaper then buying from somewhere like Amazon for those that are).

However, they debit your account as soon as the order is placed. Normally this isn't a problem, but the last two items I've ordered they've then come back and told me are no longer available and that my account will be re-credited. Now, I'm assuming that this is an exchange rate thing, as the sale amount is actually in dollars, but both times I've been credited back less - making me now out of pocket to the tune of a whole £1.32

Grrr. And, indeed, argh.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home