Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pack Rat


packrat
Originally uploaded by
CornishRambler.
So occasionally one of the shelves in a cupboard will collapse, thus signifying it's time to rationalise* the contents. This weekend it was the turn of the cupboard-under-the-sink and what a lot of tat it proves I keep. I have pack-rat tendencies with an abhorrence of throwing away anything that looks like it might come in handy at some point, which is another way of saying things get thrown into a dark corner and forgotten about until they reach critical mass and explode out onto the floor. Plastic trays from under pizzas anyone? Rubber bands from three years' worth of daffodil bunches, damp and perished? Jam jar lids? I was very good, I threw away a whole bin bag of potentially useful items junk. On the plus side, this means I can start again with the hoarding...hmmn, that cork might come in handy for something...


* Current NHS management speak for "get rid of a lot of".

1 Comments:

At 2:11 pm , Blogger Dave said...

I find having the house flooded means that one has to lose a lot of potentially useful items. I now have vast empty spaces in my house, just waiting to be turned into useful storage areas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home