Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Rip Her To Shreds

I should have known it was going to be one of those days when I got half way through stamping this morning's post before realising I hadn't changed the date on it. Things got marginally more embarrassing this afternoon when I managed to jam the shredder. Well, you'd think a munching metal jawed monster would be robust enough to take more that a few sheets at a time, wouldn't you? So what better way to recover from the day than to open a nice relaxing bottle of wine? Except, of course, the cork snaps in half. Nay bother, stick the corkscrew in the bottom bit and try again. Yep, cork sinks in to the neck of the bottle and I'm now proudly sporting a blood blister across the palm. To round things off, I poke the cork down into the bottle. I believe the effect is probably best spelt spla-doosh....

2 Comments:

At 11:18 am , Blogger James Henry said...

I may just be able to top your wine story by telling you that at the weekend I spilt champagne on Jack Davenport. He was very nice about it though. I told his wife what I had just done, and she said 'ooh, he's always been very moist'.

Just added your blog to my blog roll, hope that's okay.

 
At 6:49 pm , Blogger Izzy said...

Now if that had been me I'd have done it just so I could offer to lick it off again. Although I suppose his wife might not have been best pleased. Still, could always extend the offer I suppose...

And yes, quite alright to add me to yours! I'd return the favour if I had any idea how to do it - oh well, maybe one day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home