Monday, February 28, 2005

Kitchen Eggspertise

I would like to announce that at the age of 28 I have finally poached an egg. Two, actually. After deciding that I rather fancied some, and realising that I was a bit hazy on the specifics (ie not wanting to end up with something I could bounce across the kitchen) I looked in the Good Housekeeping cookery book, which is usually rather good for the old-fashioned basics. It had a recipe for asparagus with poached eggs which basically included the step "now poach your eggs". Mmmn, thanks.

Anyway, thank you Mr Ramsay, who includes a whole page in Kitchen Heaven titled "How to poach an egg" (they were perfect, incidentally, and any visitors now risk being force-fed poached egggs on toast. You have been warned).

1 Comments:

At 10:39 am , Blogger Angel Singer said...

I love Ramsay. Never miss his show.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home