Tuesday, August 02, 2005

New Toy!

I've been given a pedometer, which means I can count exactly (well, roughly exactly) how many steps I take throughout the day. It's currently half past seven (PM), and so far I've done 14,802. Admittedly it tends to rack up a few paces if you wriggle in your seat too much (it clips to your belt - I'd always assumed they fixed onto your shoe or something). It also gives an annoyingly loud rattle as you walk along, as if proclaiming to the world that you really have got a screw loose. Still, interesting stuff, to see just how far you walk about (ok, so today I walked a bit further than normal as I had to go to the dentist in the morning). Enough to make you want to sit down with a cup of tea really...

2 Comments:

At 12:02 am , Blogger Matt said...

I got a pedometer from Walkers Crisps a while back when they were doing a promotion. I wore it round the house for all of about an hour then got bored.

I stuck it in a drawer which I opened yesterday to find that it had managed to 'walk' 8 paces within the confines of the drawer.

Spooooooooky!

 
At 6:43 pm , Blogger Izzy said...

The other thing I've noticed is that it would be a lot handier if the display read the other way up - because whenever you look to see how much you've done while it's still fixed to your belt, you have to work our what it says upside down.

Hmmn, I should patent that idea and make, ooh, pence.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home