Thursday, December 22, 2005

Harry Potter

Saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night, is it meant to be that murky and indistinct, or was that another 'Redruth special'? Went to the loo in the interval, and had to walk about six miles because the one near the screens was closed with a sign saying 'please use our newly refurbished toilets downstairs'. When I got there, the "new" loos were filthy, the floor was swimming, and the flush didn't work. Way to go, Merlin cinemas.

Behind us we had the family from hell, including a small boy who kept talking and repeating bits of dialogue and his mother who, rather than telling him to shut up, kept saying things like 'and who's that?', 'and what are they?'. This went on to the extent that finally I cracked and turned round and hissed "would you please be quiet" at them (I obviously have a politeness filter installed, as in my head it had been 'would you shut the f*** up'). And I'm more one of nature's silent cinema seethers than a complainer, so that's how bad it was. Or possibly I was stroppier than normal, not sure.

To cap things off, after the film finished and as people were leaving, a small boy resembling Augustus Gloop got up and was copiously sick all over the steps, and then again in the corridor outside. What a finale.

Anyway, the film was good, although I think Prisoner of Azkhaban was better. And, claim to fame, I know (ok, I've met, which isn't quite the same thing, but more than once and he's a friend of a friend) the bloke that did the design/artwork for the ship coming out of the lake at the beginning and going back at the end. So there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home