Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Days to Wedding: 1

Now it has to be said there would be worse days to get a migraine (tomorrow, for starters), but I could really have done without having to make a cake without being able to see the recipe due to all the whizzy lights. And for this to be followed by the cake tins I bought especially so both halves would be the same size leaking all over the oven, necessitating the mixture to be bunged into one big tin that I now have no idea how long to leave in for. And to manage to drench myself with the shower attachment while cleaning the bath. I thought I was done with three things, but I just a/ burnt the fruit loaf I was toasting and then b/ frisbee'd it down the garden only to watch it sail over the fence into next door. All this means tomorrow should go well, yes? Or I want my money back...

3 Comments:

At 6:50 pm , Blogger The Book Fiend said...

You'd be surprised at how many things go wrong the day before - it's the world conspiring to stress you out. It'll all go wonderfully well tomorrow though, i'm certain. Hope the sun shines!

 
At 7:04 pm , Blogger pco28419 said...

I have really enjoyed your blog. I spent a week in Falmouth in 1991 and loved it. (Stayed at Gyllyngdune Manor) I hope you will have time to continue to post your witty experiences and observations. From Tacoma, WA, USA, I offer a toast: May your joys be as deep as the Ocean, and your troubles as light as its foam!

 
At 7:10 pm , Blogger Matt said...

frisbeeing burnt fruitcake is a well known wedding tradition, glad to see that your dedication to these things is as strong as ever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home