Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Your piggy did a wee"

Finally got to see The Hogfather last night, and thought it was absolutely amazing. Almost exactly like I imagined it, which is pretty impressive.

Ian Richardson makes a brilliant Death. (In the book, does Death actually say "you might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment?" Or was it purely an in joke? And if it is in the book, did Terry nick it from House of Cards in the first place? Ooh, my head hurts.)

Nobby wasn't quite as peculiar looking as I felt he should have been, but that's a fairly small niggle. Also Marc Warren was obviously trying to do Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka (if you'll pardon the expression), and coming out more like Sandra Dickinson's Trillian, but he certainly looked right.

Loved the little touches, like the fairy lights hanging on the University Tower as you zoomed in, and the way the Hogfather's pigs trotted across the sky. And the Born to Rune wizard's jacket. And the 'Anthill Inside' sticker on Hex.

[/gushing]

3 Comments:

At 10:30 pm , Blogger Matt said...

I'd love to borrow it if you have it on tape. I only saw a moment or two of it part way through and thought it looked a bit 'ponderous', but would love to be wrong.

I've finally gotten into the wee free men as well. Well, finished it actually. I did skip a _few_ bits of dialect-dialogue but generally very good. I like the ones that focus on the witches, generally. so good!

 
At 9:04 am , Blogger Dave said...

Not having access to the relevant channels in the wilds of Norfolk, I have not seen it, despite having all his books, and thus having paid for the right to watch any dramatisations.

*sobs quietly*

 
At 11:49 am , Blogger Izzy said...

Matt: yeah, you can have it after my mum... It certainly wasn't rushed, but I think that was a good thing, it was given a proper amount of time to develop.

Dave: we had to blag a copy off someone with superior technology...

*hands across tissues*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home