Thursday, April 05, 2007

To earth we return

Well, we had the burial yesterday, only four weeks later than we were lead to expect, the C of E doth grind rather slow.

It was a beautiful Spring day, blue sky, sunshine, birdsong, the chestnut trees coming into leaf. The spot is lovely, overlooking the town and the bay.

The ceremony was short, only five minutes, but even so the vicar had to follow the text in his little laminated book with his finger. Not the most passionate leader of ritual I've ever witnessed, have to say. Still, did the job.

Back for tea and chocolate tart.


-

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:54 pm , Blogger Dave said...

Sympathy.

Just back from a funeral myself. I do try to do them to the best of my ability, and always hope they won't become mechanical. It is demanding though, I always feel drained, and usually end up with some tears.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home