Saturday, August 06, 2005

Don't touch that squirrel's nuts!


Went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night, and very entertaining it was too. This apart from the seemingly obligatory pack of teenage female hyenas at the back of the room making a lot of noise, but they weren't as bad in the end as I thought they were going to be. I also felt sorry for the one of them that kept going 'sshhh!' to the others. And I did spend the whole film trying to work out where I'd seen Mr Bucket before (Tomb Raider, it turns out).

Still, very good, and very Tim Burton. And I suspect I may have got a lot more out of it by not knowing anything about it beforehand (apparently Wonka's background was made up for the film, which probably would have annoyed me, had I read the book), and not having seen the earlier film either, everything that happened was a surprise. Huzzah!

1 Comments:

At 6:03 pm , Blogger Izzy said...

I have to confess I'm not actually a big fan of Roald Dahl - I liked Danny the Champion of the World (criminal tendencies revealing themselves at an early age...) but there were several I didn't like at all (hence not going on to read the rest).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home